- Hunter S. Thompson’s cover letter in application for a job at the Vancouver Sun
- Stan Lee dreams of NHL players in spandex—who doesn’t, right?
- The National Post ran an aphorism contest last week in honour of my new book Glimpse… I judged it blind and the winners include some suprising names!
- Google goes over big in Frankfurt
- World’s biggest book is biggest book—in the world!
- French pubs refuse to work with Andrew Wylie (played here by an over-acting Hugo Weaving)
- Counterpoint is closing it’s NYC office (eek! They house not only Soft Skull, but also I think are Geoffrey Hill’s American publisher…!)
- iPad now top-selling gadget ev-AR!
- Jeanette Winterson: horror writer
- Stanley Fish on Hollywood’s attempt at lit crit: Howl