- Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library to become first attraction ever in Indianapolis
- Putnam signs Betty White to two book deal, presumably for pair of BDSM manuals
- Apple developing smaller iPad that can do more, tentatively called the “iPhone”
- Why are YA authors pulling out of a Texas book festival? … People, it’s Texas… Why do you think?
- Bob Probert’s autobiography to be published (I hated this guy, but very few people deserve to die at 45…)
- UK authors protest Blair book signing
- Did you know there was someone called Octomom? Perhaps people like me (ie, literate) not knowing is part of the reason no one wants her book
- RIP: Ludvik Kundera, Czech poet, dead at 90
- It’s not a toilet, it’s a porcelain sculpture that once lovingly cradled the shit of a famous author (no word on whether Salinger’s shit was also reclusive)
- Was there really a Quasimodo?
- There is nothing that can’t be made better with the addition of Emma Thompson, including Beatrix Potter
- Percy Jackson-themed birthday parties for your kids, as opposed to my usual mayhem and sugar production
- Ray Bradbury takes one more step down the road to Crazy Old Coot with a call for another American revolution (will someone please get him his meds and call the nurse? He keeps sneaking off into Orson Scott Card’s room and setting all the Arthur Clarke books on fire)