I forgot that Friday was Bookninja’s 7th birthday. In honour of that, I am continuing to update Bookninja daily for the foreseeable future. I will also continue the inhalation and exhalation of atmospheric gases, the consumption and metabolization food, and the practice of occasionally taking leave of voluntary bodily functions and the suspension of consciousness in order to reconstitute psychic, physical, and emotional energy. Hoorah!
- Today’s top story: The Seattle Times has come up with a game-changing idea: writers should take “the Internet” road to success… Srsly. No, wait, hear them out…! It’s an INFORMATION SUPER-HIGHWAY! This is going to be BIG, people! I can just feel it in my series of tubes!
- Power signings are becoming a major pain in the ass… why would you ever submit yourself to the stringent security measures of a book signing starring someone like Tony Blair unless you either a) actually wanted to shake the hand of a spineless puppet, or b) actually wanted to try stabbing him? Either way, you deserve what you get
- The ebook price war will kill us all
- Archie is poised to take on Wolverine in what promises to be an extremely bloody battle of comic book empires, with Archie presumably countering the adamantium claws and mutant healing factor with a deadly dose of dimples and ginger charm—ROWR!
- Booker nominee gets into slap-fight over “shit” European fiction
- The release of Stephanie Meyer’s Breaking Wind in pb is projected to be the biggest ever
- You know why your bookstore is failing? It doesn’t have a cat. I’m sorry, but it’s true. No one fucks with the store guarded by an attack cat. My suggestion is you contact the Humane Society as soon as possible. Also, get some paper towels…