I saw someone mention this somewhere recently: Overheard American tourists: “Why do you think the Canadians celebrate July 4th on July 1st?” Today is really the only day we can make fun of them, because they’re too bloated on barbeque and beer to do anything about it (the rest of the time, they now comprise about half of my readership here… So I’m trying to be kinder and gentler).
- The 20thC’s most reclusive authors
- Detroit Public Library and McDonald’s team up for “Why Not Rot Your Brain AS WELL AS Your Stomach Lining and Liver?” reading campaign
- Yet another ebook store to be launched, this time by compu-power-playah Toshiba
- The most surprising author items auctioned
- Going Rouge publisher to bang out book on oil spill… Makes sense… Palin is kind of American politicis’ version of that disaster… I’m sure she’s even grusomely killed a few animals in a similar fashion
- Supermarket-branded kids’ books?
- Fraud via iTunes bookstore makes your iPad a slightly scarier place to be
- Ruth Rendell either advocates for hysterical alarmism from a simpler time or hasn’t yet heard of video games: TV violence corrupts kid