I’m in meetings all day today here in Ottawa, so you get your news cafeteria style. Grab a tray and get in line.
- An “anonymous” female worker who had a skeezy publishing boss writes about “what it’s like for a girl” to work in the sector… the comments are worth a read too
- Footy fever drives sales of soccer books like a stadium chair through a police car window
- A foodie subplot in Meyer’s Tweenlight?
- Larsson’s widow is refusing to settle for the family’s offer of “sharing”
- Twitter has an interesting hashtag on the loose #booksthatchangedmyworld
- iPad uncensors some literary apps, including Joyce and Wilde graphic novels… about time
- The theatrical trailer for Ishiguro’s Never Let Me Go… Looks more promising than I’d dared hope:|
Found a great little bookstore here in Ottawa that you should visit if you ever come to town: Perfect Books, with the motto “Fiercely Independent”. I bought Carol Ann Duffy’s new selected poems there. Nice place.