In my day job role as an executive director of a not-for-profit agency, I can assure you, post morning-long rubber-glove-treatment*, that the spending of public funds (by arts organizations, at least) is being guarded with the highest level of scrutiny and accountability, and absolutely no KY Jelly. And they totally leave their watch on.
- LBF 0ffers discount for next year, presuming Denmark doesn’t spontaneously go biblical upwind…
- Charles Simic dishes on the post of US Poet Laureate (do we even HAVE a laureate any more? I haven’t heard a peep…)
- Marilyn Monroe writings to be published, but not on novelty thong
- UK election (and rise of, you know, fundamental extremism) good news for booming manifesto book market
- On MJ’s Thriller and poetry….
- Charlie Brown and gang sold into human slavery for mere $175M (but that’s US dollars, which are worthless these days compared to our loony… das right, ese, “loony”… Like, you even LOOK over at this side of the cell we’ll get parity LOCO on yo ass….)
- On “recycling” books
- Tintin on trial, presumably for necrophilia, but that’s just a theory of mine
- Moby launches its own award for book trailers
- NLer Jessica Grant wins Amazon First Novel Award
*Called a “monitor” in NFP parlance, which basically means “brutal violation”.