My power cord started sparking under the desk yesterday and so I had to retire the old boy, Of Mice and Men-style. Of course, because laptop manufacturers are a bunch of money grubbing crooks, none of the other five or six AC adapters I have in the house will fit the damn thing. And my battery gets about five minutes of charge when not plugged in, so….. I have one on order from ebay, but it looks like I’ll be relegated to borrowing computers for a few days at least. This also means I don’t have my extensive list of links and sources at hand, so I have to go with addresses I can remember here and there. Mah. So here’s a roundup of what’s what, with other posts as I can, relying on the kindness of strangers. (Making cardboard sign that reads “Will blog for bandwidth/terminal time”)
- Did you know that Mark Twain liked baseball? Oh, you did?
- John Grisham’s staff complete work on ebook editions
- My dashing grandpappy Dennis Loy Johnson interviewed
- David Beckham injury gets poem from Duffy
- Lambda lit awards include some Canadian titles (as usual)
- Whither the bookplate?
- Writers’ Day Jobs
- Joe Hill (Stephen King’s kid) gets some love from the Globe