Well, my lovelies, I’m so sorry to leave you hanging here and there these last couple weeks with unannounced days off, but my life has become a shitstorm wrapped in a disaster wrapped in a deadline apocalypse (wrapped in a feather boa). So, please bear with me whilst I dig myself out from the piles and piles of crap that I’m way behind on.
- Moby has been covering the lies and heartache mounting around the Pellegrino book that had a sketchy source
- Yann Martel, who gets fan mail from Obama, has some changes in store for his Harper book club
- Luminato festival nabs Roddy Doyle
- Canadian market up slighty in aught nine—largely due to picture frames on sale at Crapters
- US, not so much
- Lamba has strange new Lambda Literary site… so strange it’s almost… queer…
- eBook pricing continues to dominate the collective boredom of our arts pages — Kindle vs iPad
- Darling little books that will just make you plotz!
- Fucking celebrity novels are fucking fucky fuck
- Australians are bald-faced liars, each and every one
- Ever wanted to be filmmaker specializing in web productions of classic novels? Weh-heh-helllll!
- Should writing poetry be an Olympic event? (Yes, but it can only hand out bronze medals… BOOM! HEADSHOT!)