The Yanks are celebrating Presidents Day today, which if I remember correctly is the day all the living ex-Presidents have to “run the gauntlet”—which essentially means they line up in one of the White House corridors and crawl through theÂ legs of the current administration staffers and get paddled with rolled up copies of old budgets. They are a strange and exotic people, our neighbours to the south, but we love them despite their backward ways.
- RIP: Dick Francis, author, dead at 89
- According to BoingBoing, they used to advertise reading to soldiers in WWI… FAKE! The internet wasn’t inVENTed then, people… so how could they have downloaded books to their phones? Next!
- How the brain perceives quiet and subtle movements… Post-Olympic orgy of nationalistic shouting and gesticulating, I suppose this will have no more relevance for my beloved poetry…
- How to “write” a bodice ripper for Mills and Boon
- Simon & Schuster’s new site has some marketing tips for authors… nice public service to collect the info