Today is Lady Ninja’s Ninth Annual 30th Birthday Celebration, so it’s in her name that I dedicate today’s news of the agonizing disintegration of our industry.
- Kitty Kelly releasing Orpah bio (spoiler: it’s apparently revealed that when Oprah buys property, she also buys the neighbours on either side so she can have three houses—one with wicker furniture and sleek clothes for when she’s skinny, and the other two appropriately provisioned for when she’s not)
- Ursula Le Guin could be in one of those ads for supplements that keep older folk active, but instead of powerwalking and playign bacci ball, she’d be whupping Google’s ass
- Tesco, not content with destroying the book industry through the cancer of its business model, will now add insult to injury by making the books it discounts to death into films… ah… hear that smacking sound? That’s sweet idealism being forced to kiss the anus of economic reality
- In India books are big business
- Leading poets stage Haiti benefit reading in the UK
- Martin Amis gets continued press coverage for remarkable streak of being Martin Amis