Crap, don’t you people ever stop generating this creeping flow of news slurry? I’m going to have to outsource my holidays to India if this keeps up. I expect things to slow down over Xmas so we can all pretend to love one another but then breathe enormous sighs of relief when works starts back up. I take this charity-theatre pretty seriously, people.
- 10 most important books of the decade? (Star)
- Best books of the decade (Post)
- 10 awesome book covers from the last decade (Globe)
- 10 most overlooked books of the decade (Daily Beast)
- Entire decade-in-books goes to JK Rowling (Guardian)
- Sad news: goodbye McNally-Robinson
- Happy news?: could Kirkus be saved?
- The Dude abides… still
- Such shit, Sherlock
- Sales miserable for hardcovers
- CBA conference in May in Toronto
- Last day at Borders feels like last day at faceless big box bookstore, except with creeping realization usually reserved for independent closings that no one is safe
- Yoda and this ageing KISS fan agree: Rules optional are, in English
- Two publishing terms make NYT list of buzzwords—I imagine this list is never a good one to be on…
Bi-Weekly Dose of Digital
- Remember how everyone was touting the amazing Amazon sales on e-books for the Kindle? Turns out most of those sales were … ahem … for $0….
- The book’s not dead yet! It’s just resting! In its downloadable form…
- Can e-books save publishing?
- But seriously… if these Kindles are supposedly everywhere, why aren’t we actually seeing them in the wild?
- Hackers seem to have ahold of them, at any rate (via Ron)
- In related news: your daily hand-wring
- You know what your book needs? To be an album, that’s what.
- Ursula LeGuin puts her money where theÂ first portion of her alimentary canal that receives food and begins digestion by mechanically breaking up the solid food particles into smaller pieces and mixing them with saliva* is
- Tablets and ebooks hot at CES
- University presses only 5 years behind now instead of usual 10
- You might have gotten an e-reader for Giftmas, but… can you take it on a plane strapped into your underwear like a normal red-blooded, law-abiding citizen who wants his genitals educated? Not anymore