Posting will be light over the next couple weeks until the holidays are over. Santa has some work to do, yo, and them bitch-assed elves best get they’s self moving like one-legged men at an ass-kicking contest. Srsly. I have to do a bunch of shit comingÂ up. I’ll try to post in bits and pieces, but I’m working on some back end clean up of the site and have hired my (brutally critical) cousin to redesign the place. So my hope is that you’ll come back to a fresher Bookninja in the new year. But keep checking in here and there for updates as I can get them out.
- Depending on your POV, a bunch of fist picks stuck in a ‘fro is either not best choice for mag cover on Afro-lit or it’s friggin awesome… to this point, most of world seems to have chosen option one…
- France puts its money where its mouth (and, presumably, dangling cigarette) is
- Free and vetted encyclopedias? Where’s the libelous fun in that?
- Dear Blind People, We hate you. Sincerely, Publishing
- Eliot Spitzer recommends books to explain financial crisis/hanging block-and-tackle for optimum spankability
- Hachette still squeezing stone, waiting for blood
- Stop rushing through your literature, man… you’ll give yourself hiccups
- Who needs Oxford? Not Derek Walcott
- New Yorker drops fiction issue like it’s a red-hot scorpion covered with herpes sores
- 25 Most Important Books of Poetry of the 00s (whatever “important” means)… hey, this is a pretty good list, especially if you retitle it “25 Most Important Books of Poetry by American Presses of the 00s”. I know more than half of the books here quite well, and will check the others out
- Book buyers cutting back on purchasing… Juuuuuuussst great…
- Marchand on Roth