- All it took was a biopic to get Julia Childs onto the NYT bestseller list
- Blackout in at book fest leaves Scots redfaced – with embarrassment
- Writer pulls out of festival because her headshot-with-cigarette was banned (since when is it the job of bookfest boards to police the health habits of the audience/talent? Get real and apologize, people)
- What is Obama reading?
- Antiques Roadshow for books? I’d watch… if, you know, I had TV…
- Penguin’s got cooties!!!
- Martin Amis at 60, as told via slideshow… why not take this all the way and create a montage? Get Joe Cocker singing A Little Help From My Friends, add some footage that’s played slightly too fast with him walking around in a bumbling shy way in front of the camera and maybe putting cake in someone’s face … aw…
- New Lemony Snicket titles coming