What left in the filter after I run the hot water of my mind through the beans of reality to make an infused drink of boredom, indifference, and knowing satisfaction.
- Microsoft/Yahoo/Amazon form unholy alliance to try to pants Google (God loves it when devils fight… and by devils, I mean corporations… and by fight, I mean try to bankrupt each other… and by God, I mean me)
- Speaking of corporate douchery, Amazon UK will now charge publishers £500 for “rejected deliveries”, among other things
- The party’s over… RH cancels its Frankfurt book bash, much to the disappointment of publishing rummies everywhere
- HC brings back 98 out of print titles
- Seems Margaret Atwood is EVERYWHERE these days… Ever since she was uploaded to the internet, she can sure get around a lot quicker
- Dan Brown leader of yet ANOTHER statisical pack: books people don’t care to hold on to… Ah, Danny Boy: the high-end napkin of the literary world… just enough linen in with the paper to make the uncultured think they’re getting a fancy meal, but not so much that you’d want to shake out the snot and face-wipings to run his filthy ass through the washer…
- NS Writers Federatrion has a list of winners from their emerging writers contests