It’s likely you’ll get these conflicting reports over and over again, so I’ll try to group them together where possible to show you just how fucking clueless we all are about what’s going to happen. I think the only real solution to our woes is more arts page articles with wild finger pointing and cries of “Eureka!” that become mild groans of embarrassment next week.
- The book trade needs to look beyond the recession: McCrum
- NPR starts layoffs (welcome to Canada, American public radio…)
- Amazon sales up, but not really in books and not really outside America
- Getting randomly picked to make half-court shots now best way to make living
- Even the egg heads are getting axed…
- Ontario dumps a chunk of change into the arts