Holy crap it’s nice here today. And I say that with a certain amount of trepidation that the fearsome sun god hovering above will hear me and return to smitething my Rock with cloud, mist, and fog (locally pronounced as “fahg”). So I’ll keep it brief today and head out to kill and burn stuff in this firey god’s honour (brain cells and skin, respectively).
- Arthur Ellis Awards for Canadian crime novels announce shortlists (are Canadian crime novels mostly about drunk tank visits and illegal parking? NO!)
- Oxford poetry chair still up in the poetry air… now a little known Indian poet is in the race
- Touchstone gets new publisher, which is news for some reason
- Did I link to this already? The PEN English literary atlas?
- Book Espresso machine launched to rabidly fawning press in London (New York mulls similar technology called Book “Expresso” Machine)
- Jian Gomeshi talks culture and regulation
- SNAP! Oh no, she di’nt! Some literary gossip in a British paper? Shocking!
- A new reason to think Prince is both highly intelligent and a total douche
- Yeats + poetry = great, Yeats + drama = fail
Young publishers at the LBF show the old fogies how it’s done (from Moby):