I have to go in for some minor exploratory surgery today to make sure my insides aren’t riddled with pulsating tumours, ulcerous pixie stix-and-Coke caverns carved into my digestive walls by habitual sugar mainlining since age 3, or simply the bitter blackness that comes of being a poet in a world that only loves standup comics. One of these possibilities is more likely than the others. Of course, everything’s probably fine, but I’m not sure I’ll be posting tomorrow due to widespread aches and crankiness (as opposed to the daily performance of crankiness I do around here), and in my distracted state I can only offer you a list of links today. Wish me luck!
- Neil Gaiman wins Newberry Medal (of course, he’s been blogging and tweeting the whole experience… I dig unguarded generosity on the part of blogging authors)
- Publisher’s Weekly editor gets axed
- Top comic book publishers feel the pinch
- Who will win Costa book of the year?
- Wiki editors done being yes-men?
- Rudy Rucker: cover artist
- Canadian literacy org to break world record today (in related news, and not to devalue the stunt: 493,004,948 new world record categories added in last two days to increasing irrelevent Guiness Book of Records)
- The sentence is a lonely place…
- Bernard Schlink profiled at SMH