It’s a long weekend coming here in Canada, with July 1 being “Canada Day” (formerly the more poetic “Memorial Day”), and I have grandpa Ninja in visiting the Ninjlets, so I don’t know if I will post Monday, but definitely won’t post Tuesday. And it appears to be a slow news day today anyway, perhaps in anticipation as the vast world media machine gears up for its 24 hour coverage of the Festival of Radical Canadian Nationalism in which we ride beavers in the annual Birch Branch Joust, drink maple syrup, and participate in ritualistic cleansing ceremony known as the Canadian National 24-Hour Beer Enema (sponsored by Labatt). So here’s a little roundup to tide you over. There’s plenty of meat in recent days below, so feel free to scroll down and catch up on discussing important issues and bashing me.
- Break in at LM Montgomery’s birthplace … theives said to have made off with velvet-lined stocks, one of six antique anal bead sets, and Gilbert’s original Prince Albert hoop
- The secret to success as a children’s illustrator — rat piss
- Rowling loses privacy battle
- From Maud comes a dual page e-book allows you to simulate flipping pages (Whoa! Look at this! It’s almost like reading a real book! I feel so alive and so connected to a time when people touched things!)
- Summer reading list for nerds as they tan in the radiation of their computer displays