- Venerable and awesome Coach House wins Ontario Premier’s Award for Excellence in the Arts — congratulations, CHB!
- Tickets for this year’s Edinburgh book fest are hotter than fresh shit, esp since it was announced Connery would show up to growl and squint a bit
- Normally I try to steer clear of linking to “news” about the mutual backpatting society of dilettantes and dabblers known as the League of Canadian Poets (with a few exceptions of course—-most of whom I suspect are there for either the readings budget or out of some misplaced sense of civic duty), but they had their AGM in St. John’s and two good poets have won their awards
- Dan Brown tourism in Rome (I’m guessing this means people flooding shops that sell black turtle necks and tan jackets… but that’s just a guess)
- My pretty ‘Ninjas, you know I only call on your assassination services once a year or so, and because I might have earlier this spring, I think it’s high time I upped 2008’s quota and asked those of you well-placed (you know who you are) to slip a lethal dose of extra strength Ex-Lax into the coffee of Sam Jordison… Now FLY! FLY!!