Apparently it’s cool to have a sort of Halloween dedicated to the ridicule of a people driven to drink by poverty and discrimination. (I know, cry me a river, right? But look it up.) Anyway, the two positive outcomes are that: a) I have a holiday, and b) I get to indiscriminately beat people who dress like retarded leprechauns and talk in an Irish/pirate hybrid accent. So I have to get at it, if you don’t mind. Top o’ the marnin’ to yeh.
- Paris bookfair bomb threat
- The amazing Lawrence Hill and C.S. Richardson make Commonwealth uber-list
- Jewish school director fired/resigns over poetry row
- NYPL name change (my personal opinion? Hubris.)
- Julian Barnes profile
- Asian “Booker” winner translated
- John Banville introduces Seamus Heaney in the Guardian great poets series
- On poor enunciation
- Trainspotting prequel?
- Novelists strike fails to affect nation whatsoever