Sorry about no links yesterday. I was experiencing a weather- and stress-induced headache of Japanimation proportions. I swear to god, there were tenticles shooting out of my eyes, Akira-style. I feel better today, but am awaiting the arrival of the giant teddy bear dripping glowing yellow blood.
- Ian Rankin vs. the lesbians (fifty bucks on the lesbians) Why ARE women attracted to read and write in the genre?
- His accuser, Val McDermid, interviewed here
- Stephen King: book vandal (You just knew he was up to something on the side…)
- They’re remaking Enter the Dragon? Every guy I grew up with just felt his testicles kiss each other in excitement right before he soiled his 501s and hightop runners in a fit of ecstacy
- The ninth ring of publishing hell (thanks, Pat)
- RIP: Luigi Meneghello
- A William Gibson reading was so packed the author had to squeeze in via the fire escape… In SECOND LIFE (Um, can’t they just teleport him in or something? And if they can make a fake guy read in cyberspace, when the hell am I getting that jetpack and cottage on the moon I was promised back in the 70s?)
- Stuart McLean’s new book-buying policy (thanks, Kimberly)
- Poe taster mystery solved (there was a mystery?)
- Sci fi names for kids… whatever. So long as no one is stuck with “George” ever again
- iPhone books (see commentary above… I also want turkey dinners in pill form and a robot servant… Is this too much to ask of the future that never was?)
- It’s been too long since we had a link to a George Saunders piece (from Ed)
- Germany hates its reviewers (from The Saloon) The rest of us just hate Germany’s cuisine… Those people season their meat with other meats. If they could, they’d stuff bacon with cheese made from bacon fat. Maybe they already do.
- Chicklit’s older sister (romance as the cougar to chicklit’s fox? I think of it more like the laundry lady to chicklit’s halfwit yuppy)
- Arthur Miller’s dark side (thanks, Frankie)