It’s actually a holiday here, so I’m going to sum up with some remainders and get back to gardening. They have more holidays here than you can shake a stick at. I think in July there’s actually something like three long weekends in a row. One wonders how they keep coming up with events deserving of a stat holiday. Then one just looks at the weather. Today is something like “It’s Summer So Get Outside for Your Vitamin-D Day”.
- Rushdie updates — Bhutto supports, Pakistan condemns
- PKD’s unlikely Library of America title examined
- Farming books growing
- JCCs, Jewish book festivals and Jewish authors
- Günter Grass interviewed at the Guardian
- Maeve Binchy asks the question we all want to know the answer to: why does she write?
- Brontë birthhouse up for sale
- UK needs more Pride
- The joy of middlebrow (note, this doesn’t include uni-brow)
- How to get rid of your books