I am headed to Toronto tomorrow (5:20am flight with a four-year-old who needs 12 hours sleep a night but refuses to get more than 10… I pity you if you’re on our flight) for a short visit with relatives, so I’ll try to update during that time, but it might be a bit sparse. Perhaps more unimaginable to me is that I might be away from my Facebook crack for more than a few hours at a time. (Actually, after a month of shoddy productivity, I’ve got that particular monkey back in its cage, but I still check more than a few times each day.)
- Stalin the poet
- Pullman’s movie
- Where are the laughs in comic books these days?
- Why publishers are still afraid of teh internets
- Straight and narrow — why don’t hets read homo books?
- Plagiarism as a force for good…
- …and here as well (thanks, F)
- “Out of print” redefined for POD… thanks, S&S!
- Deeply abridged classics
- Elie Wiesel reconsiders Night
- The emotional striptease of misery memoirs — not about affirmation, but actually about misery